• Story Time (11-11:45 a.m.) Harrisburg District Library; healthy teeth theme.
• Nature Movie (6-7:30 p.m.) Cache River Wetlands Center, 8885 Illinois 37 South, Cypress; featuring American bison/buffalo; (618) 657-2064.
• Adult Cooking Class (1-2:30 p.m.) Harrisburg District Library.
• Pace Class (10-11 a.m.) and BP Check (10:30 a.m.) Harrisburg Golden Circle.
• Murder Mystery (today and Saturday) George T. Dennis VPAC, SIC, Harrisburg; 7 p.m. each night; "Musical Comedy Murders of 1940," $8 for adults, $6 for students, staff and seniors; (618) 252-5400, ext. 2486; firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Matt Basler (8-11 p.m.) Wooded Hills Bar & Grill, 218 E. Poplar St., Harrisburg; live entertainment.
• Teen Fun Night Pizza Party (5:30-7:30 p.m.) Harrisburg District Library.
• '63 Breakfast Club (9 a.m.) Mills Cafe, Carrier Mills; monthly breakfast meetings resume.
• Daddy/Daughter Hair School (9-11 a.m.) Cosmetology Clinic room B139, SIC, Harrisburg; daddies learn how to do simple hairstyles for their daughters; free, but space is limited; call (618) 252-5400, ext. 2213 to register.
• "Freedom Riders" (11 a.m.-1 p.m.) Harrisburg District Library; documentary based on Raymond Arsenault's book, "Freedom Riders: 1961 and the Struggle for Racial Justice."
• Book to Movie Club (1 p.m.) Eldorado Memorial Library; this session's title is "Hector and the Search for Happiness" by Francois Lelord; read the book, watch the movie and then join in the discussion; movie and book available at library.
• American Legion Breakfast (8-11 a.m.) American Legion Post 169, 908 Fourth St., Eldorado; all you can eat for $6; (618) 273-5020.
• Lit on the Rocks Book Club (6:30 p.m.) Wooded Hills Bar & Grill, 218 E. Poplar St., Harrisburg; dinner and discussion of "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng.
• Book Review (10 a.m.) Eldorado Memorial Library; Felicia Murray presenting program based on the book, "Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self Discovery," by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile.
• Shakespeare Reading Group (5:30-7:30 p.m.) Harrisburg District Library; this month's reading is "Richard II."