• Fourth Annual Mommy/Son Dance hosted by The Mobile Music Man at The City of Marion Pavilion, 1602 Sioux Drive, 6-9 p.m. There will be entertainment, contests, a candy buffet, desserts, prizes, and more! Balloon twisting and face painting will be provided by Professor Play. Music will be provided by THE Mobile Music Man and photography by Shooting Star Photography. Cupcakes and desserts will be served. Tickets are $35 per couple (mommy/son) and $10 for each additional child or adult (grandma, aunt, ETC.). For more information, contact Stephaney Odle at (618) 922-6767. Dress is semi formal and all ages are welcome.
Saturday, March 3
• Sister Smash: The True MADNESS Of March Roller Derby, (5--10 p.m.), The Pavilion of the City of Marion, 1602 Sioux Dr. Marion; tickets available at www.thepavilionevents.com
• SOCCER TRYOUTS. Calcio Express Hawks FC will be conducting an open tryout event. We are looking for boys/girls for U-9 and U-11 teams. The tryouts will be held at 13851 Illinois Route 37, Johnston City, from 9:30 until 11 a.m. Players should bring cleats, a ball, and water.
• First Saturday Open Dance hosted by JC Dance Heartland at the Marion Youth Center, 211 E. Boulevard, 7--10 p.m.
• Southern Illinois Democratic Women Trivia Night -- Marching Through History, Illinois Union of Operating Engineers, 3310 Water Tower Road, 5:30--8:30 p.m. Tickets are $20 or $160 for a team of 8. To reserve a ticket or table, email SIDemWomen@gmail.com.
Sunday, March 4
• Women's Discipleship Luncheon hosted by The Journey, 9835 Old Bainbridge Trail, 11:45 a.m.-- 1:30 p.m.
Monday, March 5
• Christian Music Skate, 6:30-- 8:30 p.m., Emery Brothers Skating Rink, 1700 N. Court St., Marion
• Preschool Story Time, 10:30 a.m., Crab Orchard Public Library
• Mastermind Group: Sustaining Long-Term Success, 12--1:15 p.m. at Heartland Regional Medical Center, hosted by Marion Chamber of Commerce.
• Surviving Grief Support Group. 2--4 p.m. 204 Halfway Rd., Marion. Hospice of Southern Illinois presents this FREE series typically three times a year. It is open to the community but registration is required. Attendees are asked to attend all six sessions of the support group. Register early by calling 618-997-3030.
Tuesday, March 6
Community Lenten Service at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 600 N. Russell, Marion. 5:30--7:30 p.m. The Marion Ministerial Alliance gathers for food and worship at its member churches throughout the season of Lent. Offerings go to fund the Ministerial Alliance's work in our community. A simple soup dinner is served at 5:30 p.m., and worship begins at 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, March 7
• Sara Fisher Yoga at the Marion Park District (519 Parish Ave), 5:45--6:45 p.m. This is a recurring event to be held every Wednesday through Nov. 28.
• Teen Crafts, 4--5 p.m., Marion Carnegie Library; fun crafts for teens 12-19; repeats every week on Wednesday through Jan. 1, 2019.
Thursday (March 8)
• 2018 Workers' Compensation Symposium Occupational Health: How we can make a difference, 8 a.m.-- 3:30 p.m. The Diamond Club at Rend One Park, sponsored by Southern Illinois Healthcare. The event is free! Lunch is provided by the sponsors. Attendees are required to register for the symposium with the link listed below or by visiting www.workcarereadywell.net.
• Friends of the NRA Annual Banquet, 5:30--11 p.m., Black Diamond Harley-Davidson, 2400 Williamson County Pkwy, Marion.
• East Round & Bunny Blocks Workshop, 6--8:30 p.m., hosted by The Crafting SCENE with Andrea Caroline, 15460 Moellers Rd., Marion. RSVP by March 4. This is a stenciling "make and take" paint workshop that includes one 12-inch wood round board and three 6x8 blocks. Cost is $28, all supplies provided. There will be painting in this workshop, aprons provided.
• Food Pantry, 9--11 a.m., Second Baptist Church, 308 S. Russell St., Marion.
Friday (March 9)
• Ham-N-Beans Dinner, Williamson County Shrine Club, 12908 RT. 37, Marion. All you can eat, Ham-N-Beans, cornbread, fried potatoes & tea/coffee, (hot dogs for the kids). $7. Serving 11-1 and 5-7pm. Eat in or Carryout.
• A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held for Dairy Queen, 2200 W. Main St., Marion, in honor of its grand re-opening. All Chamber members in attendance can receive a free small or medium Blizzard of their choice during the event.