The Carbondale Park District announced this week that the Super Splash Park Outdoor Aquatic Center will remain closed for the 2020 swim season.
The decision was prompted by concerns that the COVID-19 virus could be spread in changing rooms, restrooms, staircases, slides and pool chairs. In addition, it would be difficult, if not impossible, to maintain social distancing.
The following Carbondale Park District changes are still in place through May 30:
• Hickory Ridge Public Golf Course is open.
• All basketball courts and soccer, softball and baseball fields are closed.
• The childcare centers, Alice Wright and Kids Korner, are closed.
• Life Community Center is closed. A staff person is available by phone at 618-549-4222.
• The park district's administrative offices at Hickory Lodge are closed to the public.
Parks will remain open. Playgrounds are closed due to the increased risk of spreading COVID-19. Individuals using the parks should comply with social distancing requirements.